Now and then, your roof needs a thorough cleaning. While power washing is the typical option, soft washing is a viable choice. Soft wash can be a good alternative to harsh pressure washing cleaning solutions. Below, we here at Evergreen Window Cleaning & Home Maintenance will talk about the differences between pressure washing and soft washing.
What Does Soft Washing Do?
Pressure washing uses high pressures in the neighborhood of 1,500-3,000 PSI to scour surfaces and remove grime. Soft washing, in contrast, uses a low-pressure washer in combination with soaps, solutions, and other disinfectants to clean housing structures.
How Does Soft Washing Work?
Instead of relying on high pressure to blast away dirt and grime, soft washing uses a combination of low-pressure power washing and cleaning solutions to clean surfaces. These solutions settle in the layers of dirt, eating them away from the inside. The cleaners then use low-pressure power washers to rinse the surface.
- Effective. It combines gentle water with cleaning solutions, so it is very effective and yields long-lasting results.
- Gentle. It is much better for delicate structures or surfaces that high-pressure washing can harm. Soft wash roof cleaning is a common option as high-pressure cleaning can be bad for roofs.
- Easy to manage. High-power pressure washers are difficult to operate and can be dangerous if handled incorrectly. It uses low-pressure power washing, making it easier to control and presenting less risk of injury.
- Curbs harmful growth. High-pressure power washing may force water into the siding and soffit of your roof. Trapped water may then breed mold and algae growth.
- May not remove certain stains. It is great for all kinds of grime, but there are some kinds of stains that only a powerful pressure washer can remove, such as embedded dirt.
- Slower cleaning. Because you are using cleaning chemicals, it may take longer to perform than pressure washing.
Soft Wash Solutions
Soft washing uses several chemicals and solutions to clean surfaces:
- Bleach. Bleach is a powerful disinfectant that can kill most types of bacterial growth and mold.
- Surfactants. Surfactants reduce the surface tension of liquids so they can spread and penetrate grime on the surface.
- Neutralizers. Cleaners use neutralizers to prevent runoff from the cleaning chemicals harming plants and other materials. Neutralizers also create a protective coating, fortifying your walls and roof against further buildup.
- Odor removers. Lastly, soft washing solutions include odor removers.
Feel free to contact Evergreen Window Cleaning & Home Maintenance if you have any questions about the soft wash solutions we use.
The Difference Between Pressure Washing and Soft Washing
The main difference between pressure washing and soft washing is the pressures involved. Pressure washing uses high-pressure water streams to blast away dirt and grime. Soft washing systems use a low-pressure power washer and cleaning solutions to clean surfaces.
Both pressure washing and soft washing use similar equipment but to different effects. The main benefit of soft washing over pressure washing is that it is much less likely to damage your roofing tiles or siding.
Signs Your House Needs to Be Washed
Here are some common signs that you need to power wash your home:
- Discolored roof and walls
- Grimy siding
- Stained walkways and driveway
- Stained deck
- Dust and cobwebs in corners
- Higher energy bill than average
A dirty house is more than an annoyance. It can increase your energy costs along with the risk of flooding and water damage. If your house is looking a little worse for the wear, consider calling a professional home cleaning company.
Choosing the Right Soft Washing Service For You
Keep the following tips in mind when looking for a soft washing company:
- Get a guarantee. If you can, get a service guarantee in writing. That way, you will be covered for any defects or problems.
- Ask about insurance. All home contractors and cleaning companies should have insurance. If a company does not at least carry liability insurance, look elsewhere.
- Look at reviews. Reviews can give you a picture of a company’s services in a way official descriptions can’t. Look at reviews for info on the quality of services, professionalism of the crew, etc.
Your Professional House Washing Services Company!
Whether you lack the time or effort to clean your house yourself or want a pro soft washing, Evergreen Window Cleaning & Home Maintenance can help. We have been serving the Seattle area for over 25 years and are committed to excellence in all that we do.
Call us today at (206) 502-4525 to request a quote and schedule an appointment.