Bellevue Roof Moss Removal
Rooftop moss removal is an essential component of Bellevue home maintenance. A clean, moss-free roof improves the outdoor aesthetics of your Bellevue home and also contributes to the longevity of your roof.
This article reviews common moss removal methods, the importance of routine rooftop moss removal, and the benefits of having a clean roof.
Why it’s Important to Have Moss Removed From Your Roof
Moss, if left alone will harm the integrity of your roof. In such a damp climate as Washington has, moss growth on your roof can get out of control. Allowing moss to grow could result in permanent damage to your roof and necessitate the replacement of your roof much earlier than if you had made rooftop moss removal a part of your routine home maintenance.
Rooftop moss removal and roof care are especially important if you are considering selling your home in the future. The condition of your roof says a lot about your home maintenance prioritize and buyers will be much more likely to show interest in houses that have been well cared for rather than those with moss-covered roofs and lax maintenance.
- Bellevue Exterior Cleaning
- Bellevue Window Cleaning
- Bellevue Gutter Cleaning
- Bellevue Pressure Washing
- Bellevue Roof Cleaning
- Bellevue Roof Moss Removal
- Bellevue House Washing
Bellevue Roof Moss Removal Methods
Here are some of the most common moss removal methods used on Bellevue rooftops.
- Roof Washing — A high-volume pressure washer is used by an experienced technician. Roof cleaning nozzles have much larger orifices than those used to clean concrete so the pressure is lowered substantially to prevent damage to the roof.
- Roof Brushing — A brush is used to remove the moss and everything is air blown at the end.
- Treat (or Kill) and Wait — Loose debris is blown off the roof and a moss treatment (such as zinc sulfate) or herbicide (e.g. sodium hypochlorite) is applied. If using a treatment, the results make take six-eight week to see. This method is not recommended unless the new moss growth is very thin since the dead moss will remain for a long time after.
Whichever moss removal method you choose, it will likely include a thorough gutter cleaning, moss prevention treatment, and a thorough ground clean up.
Benefits of Hiring a Bellevue Roof Moss Removal Company
When it comes to roof moss removal, some homeowners might be inclined to treat their moss issue on their own rather than hire a Bellevue roof moss removal company. While you might be able to treat your moss issue this way, there are a number of benefits with hiring a moss removal service to help you with your rooftop moss issue.
A great Bellevue roof moss removal company will use effective moss treatments, guarantee their work, climb onto your roof so you don’t have to, and keep you informed about the condition of your roof. Hiring a Bellevue roof moss removal company also means that you don’t need to go out of your way to research and get specific moss removal agents as they will already have effective moss treatments on hand.
A Bellevue Roof Moss Removal Company to Meet Your Needs
If you are looking for a Bellevue-based rooftop moss removal company, give Evergreen Window Cleaning & Home Maintenance a call. Our moss removal team has the necessary equipment and knowledge to help you with your moss issue and leave your home clean and ready for company. To hear more about our moss removal services offered to Bellevue homeowners or our other home maintenance services, contact Evergreen Window Cleaning and Home Maintenance today.