At Evergreen Window Cleaning and Home Maintenance, we offer high-quality and dependable window screen cleaning and other home maintenance services.
Our window screen cleaning professionals have curated the following list of tips to help you learn how to clean your screens.
How to Clean Window Screens
Regular window screen cleaning should be part of the overall maintenance of your home. This is because window screens are constantly exposed to the elements (e.g. insects, pollen, and dust) and this causes them to get dirty quickly.
If your window screens are in need of thorough cleaning, continue reading to learn how to clean window screens or give Evergreen Window Cleaning and Home Maintenance a call to schedule a visit from one of our screen cleaning technicians.
What Is the Best Way To Clean Window Screens?
Here are six steps for the best way how to clean dirty window screens:
- Remove your screens from the windows.
- Lay each screen flat and use a vacuum cleaner to remove loose dust.
- Using a microfiber cloth, gently scrub both sides of the screen with a store-bought cleaning solution or a soap and water solution.
- Take your garden hose and rinse the soap or cleaning solution off of your screens.
- Allow your screens to air dry or use a paper towel to gently pat dry each screen.
- Reinstall your cleaned window screens and enjoy having clean screens.
Best Way How To Clean Window Screens Without Removing Them
Here are six tips to help you clean window screens without removing them:
- If you’re cleaning your screens from inside your house, start by putting a cloth or protecting layer in place so that you don’t spill cleaning solution on your home’s floor.
- Use a dry cloth or duster to remove loose debris (such as cobwebs).
- Vacuum the screen to thoroughly remove dust.
- Using warm water and soap or another cleaning solution, dip a cloth in the solution and wipe down the screen. For maximum results, wipe the screen down from the outside as well.
- Make sure that you thoroughly rinse and wring out the cloth in between while you’re wiping down the screen to get rid of excess dirt.
- Keep your window open for a few minutes to allow the screen to air dry. Place a standing fan near the screen to speed up the drying process.
Tools Needed For Cleaning Window Screens
Here are the basic tools you will need to be able to effectively clean your window screens:
- A sponge or microfiber cloth
- A vacuum cleaner, preferably with a soft brush attachment
- Garden hose
- Paper towels
- A bucket and cleaning solution or dish soap
- Rubber gloves (if you’re sensitive to cleaning solutions or soap)
Hire a Professional Window Cleaning & Home Maintenance Service Today
In need of window cleaning or other home maintenance services? Give us a call!
Here at Evergreen Window Cleaning and Home Maintenance, we take pride in the quality of our work and want to help you with all of your home maintenance needs.
Our window cleaning technicians would be happy to help with your window screen cleaning needs or any other home maintenance needs that you may have.
Contact us today to learn more about our window cleaning services and pricing or to ask our specialist about our home maintenance techniques.