What are the best methods for cleaning outside windows? When it comes to outside windows, especially those that cannot be easily accessed, homeowners find themselves in quite a dilemma.
This article will teach you the best tips for how to clean high windows from outside so that you can enjoy a clean home exterior and get more light inside.
Continue reading to learn the best way to clean outside windows, or get in touch with Evergreen Window Cleaning and Home Maintenance so that we can clean your windows for you.
How To Clean High Windows
Are you trying to figure out how to clean windows outside that are out of reach? Here are two methods you can use:
1. How to clean glass windows from outside without a ladder
The safest way to clean windows that are out of reach is to keep your feet planted firmly on the ground and to clean the windows with a hose and extendable squeegee. Here are some tips:
- Gather your equipment. You’ll need a garden hose with a stream sprayer attachment, cleaning detergent, a bucket of water, an extension pole, and a brush and squeegee that can be attached to your extension pole.
- Spray down the window using your hose.
- Add a couple drops of your cleaning solution to your bucket of water and dip your brush or sponge into this.
- Using your extension pole, scrub the window with your brush/sponge. Start at the top and work your way down.
- Rinse the window with your hose.
- Attach your squeegee to your extension pole and pull your squeegee across the window to remove excess water and create a polished look.
2. How to clean high upstairs windows with a ladder
If you’re not able to clean your windows with an extendable squeegee, then you can get the job done with a ladder and sufficient safety equipment. Here are some tips:
- Gather the tools you’ll need to clean your windows (paper towels or a microfiber cloth, a spray bottle or bucket, a window cleaning solution, a high-quality squeegee, harnessing/safety gear, and a ladder).
- Place your ladder securely and make sure that your harnessing gear is hooked up. Ideally, you should have a friend holding the base of the ladder secure for you.
- Clean your high-up windows as you would your ground-floor ones, applying window cleaning solution and using your paper towels or squeegee to wipe and dry your windows.
As an extra precaution, never perform any high-up window cleaning without having someone within shouting distance in case of an accidental fall.
Of course, if you don’t have an extendable squeegee and are uncomfortable with using a ladder to clean your second-story windows, then you should hire a professional window cleaner to get the job done for you.
How To Clean Outside Windows Apartment
While a ladder might work for high up home windows, ladders are of little use for high rise apartment buildings.
If you would like to clean your own exterior apartment windows, you can purchase a U-shaped telescopic pole that is designed specifically to help apartment residents keep their windows clean.
Take your pole and attach a squeegee or a sponge fitting to the end to conveniently clean your outside windows from the comfort of your apartment.
Tips For How To Keep Outside Windows Clean
When it comes to keeping the outside of your windows clean, the best way to do this is by simply making window cleaning a regular part of your home maintenance routine.
You should make window and screen cleaning a regular event to keep your windows functional, clean, and bright.
Need Help Washing Outside Windows?
If you need assistance cleaning your outside windows that you can’t reach, get in touch with Evergreen Window Cleaning and Home Maintenance today.
Our window cleaning technician has years of experience helping homeowners maintain and beautify their home exteriors through quality window cleaning and care.
To learn more about our window cleaning services or to request a quote for your window cleaning needs, get in touch with Evergreen Window Cleaning and Home Maintenance today.