Homeowners are becoming increasingly aware of the benefits of transitioning their energy sources and home appliances to greener, more environmentally conscious options. This has resulted in a growing market for eco-friendly home goods and appliances, making greener living more accessible and affordable for homeowners.
If you would like to make your home more environmentally friendly, one improvement is having eco-friendly windows installed.
Continue to reading to learn about the advantages of eco-friendly windows and how they help create an energy-efficient and sustainable home.
What Are Eco Windows?
So what are green windows exactly?
In order for something to qualify as an “eco window,” the entire unit must be made of eco-friendly materials and the window must have been created in an eco-friendly manner.
Here are four features that are usually included in environmentally friendly windows:
- Double Pane Windows. The reason why double pane windows are considered the standard is that they have an insulating effect and help your home retain heat — reducing heating system use. By using double pane windows, you are reducing the amount of heat that escapes through your windows by around 50%.
- Low-E Glaze or Coating. This is essentially a layer of silver oxide that is applied to your window in order to reduce ultraviolet light entering your home and damaging your furniture or decor. An added benefit of Low-E glaze is that it also adds another layer to the insulation.
- An Environmentally Friendly Window Frame. Most window frames are relatively environmentally friendly so your options are pretty open. If you want to get the most environmentally friendly frame possible though, work with a company that provides frames made from reclaimed wood.
- Environmentally Conscious Window Shades. The final aspect of adding environmental windows to your home is to purchase shades or curtains that are created from natural materials. A wonderful option is to have bamboo or wooden blinds installed or curtains made from sustainably sourced materials (organic cotton or hemp are two good options).
Benefits Of Eco Impact Windows
What are the benefits of installing eco-friendly windows for homes?
Not only does installing eco-friendly windows benefit the environment, but it also has the ability to benefit your home in many ways.
Here are five of the biggest benefits of having eco-friendly windows installed in your home:
- Decrease monthly utility bill cost.
- Potentially increased home value.
- Improves home insulation and keeps your home nice and cozy during the winter months.
- Reduces outdoor noise and helps you enjoy a better night’s sleep.
Hire An Eco-Friendly Glass Windows Cleaning Service Today
If you have recently invested in eco-friendly windows and want to keep your investments maintained and in optimal condition, get in touch with Evergreen Window Cleaning and Home Maintenance today.
Our home maintenance technician offers window cleaning services to ensure that your investment is well taken care of and that your windows are given the treatment they need to last for many years.
Get in touch with Evergreen Window Cleaning and Home Maintenance to learn more about our window cleaning services or to book our technician to visit your home.